- FHL Home » Privacy & Security
Privacy and Security
Information available at WWW.LIGGETT.ARMY.MIL is consistent with Army and DoD policies and The Principles of Information and contains information cleared for public release. Information intended for the internal Army audience is available through Army Knowledge Online (AKO) at www.us.army.mil
- Army web site Management Policy
- Army Records Management Declassificiation Agency (Privacy Act, FOIA, etc.)
1. The Fort Hunter Liggett Internet site is provided as a public service by the Fort Hunter Liggett Public Affairs Office on behalf of the Fort Hunter Liggett Garrison Commander.
2. Information presented on the Fort Hunter Liggett Internet site is considered public information and may be distributed or copied. Use of appropriate byline/photo/image credits is requested.
3. For site management, [information is collected]* for statistical purposes. This government computer system uses software programs to create summary statistics, which are used for such purposes as assessing what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas.
4. For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this government computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
5. Except for authorized law enforcement investigations, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits. Raw data logs are used for no other purposes and are scheduled for regular destruction in accordance with [National Archives and Records Administration Guidelines].
Agencies subject to DoD Directive 5240.1 shall add the following to paragraph 5: "All data collection activities are in strict accordance with DoD Directive 5240.1 (reference(p))."
6. Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this service are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1987 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act.
7. If you have any questions or comments about the information presented here, please forward them to the Fort Hunter Liggett Public Affairs Office at FHLpao1@gmail.com.